About Me

My photo
Kemptville, Ontario, Canada
Cake has been a part of my life for as far back as I can remember. My Mom was a cake decorator when I was younger and I discovered a few years ago that I had inerited her talent for it as well. I have not been satisfied with my jobs for a while now so I thought why not do something I love. Helping people celebrate the big moments of their lives. I can do cakes for all occasions. Let me be a part of your next celebration. Official website is secondgenerationcakedesign.com

Monday, January 27, 2014

Doc McStuffins Birthday Cake


I created this cake for my niece. She wanted a Doc cake with Chilly, Lambie, Hallie and Stuffy on it. I also had to include a stethescope and odoscope. She is a huge Doc fan and her whole party was a Doc theme. My sister didn't skimp on any detail. There was a homemade doc kit for each kid, they decorated their own doc badges. Their take home gift was a bag of "lambie tails" (marshmallows), a packet of hot chocolate and cookie bandaids.

I modeled each character out of fondant and hand painted doc on fondant using edible paint. I baked a 9x13 cake (2 layers). I cut a 9" square and used the left over 4" to cut the bag shape out of. I then covered it all in buttercream and added fondant decorations to pull it all together. I was SO happy with how this cake turned out. I had a bit of a hard time fitting everything onto the cake but it turned out just as cute as I thought it would. 

I made my niece very happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment